Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use Email Validator service?
Email Validator validates email addresses of your Contacts. Validating email addresses will help you maximize your email marketing campaigns. It ensures that your email campaign have a higher rate of delivery. Also, sending emails to invalid addresses negatively affects your reputation which is monitored by ISPs. The lower your reputation, the more of your email gets filtered out of the inbox. Using this service will increase your email deliverability, reputation and effectiveness of email campaigns.
How does EmailValidator work?
EmailValidator service does deep checks to validate the email addresses:
- Email syntax validation: EmailValidator has a complete syntactical email validation engine that obeys to the current IETF standards, including RFC 1123, RFC 2821, RFC 2822, RFC 3490, RFC 3696, RFC 4291, RFC 5321, RFC 5322 and RFC 5336. It fully supports quoted strings, quoted pairs, internationalized domain names (IDN) and mailboxes, as well as comments and domain literals.
- Domain/DNS check: EmailValidator validates the DNS records for each email address under test and flag the ones which pertain to invalid, non-working and parked domains.
- Disposable addresses (DEA) detection: EmailValidator detects temporary email addresses generated by certain free services on the internet, collectively known as disposable email address providers, like Mailinator, YopMail, 10MinuteMail, GuerrillaMail, TempInbox, MailEater, TrashMail and many more.
- Mail exchanger test: EmailValidator detects email addresses which do not have a valid mail exchanger. Behind the scenes, we even support many complex configurations that, despite not being widely adopted anymore in the modern web, were used in the early Internet days and can still be found in some rare circumstances.
- Mailbox existence check: EmailValidator checks if an email address exists without sending email messages or notifying the target; it does so by emulating the behavior of common mail exchangers and employing the SMTP protocol wisely.
What is the cost of email validation by EmailValidator?
Here are our pricing plans.
How can I buy this service?
Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of how many email address you want to validate. You can buy a credit of say 20,000 emails and use that to validate your lists multiple times. When we receive your request, we send you an invoice to be paid by Paypal. After we receive the payment, we will issue a Service Code that you can use on EmailValidator.co to validate email addresses. Every time you use the Service Code, the number of addresses you validate will be deducted from your purchased credit. You can reuse the Service Code as many times as long as it has validation credits available.
How do I use the validation service?
- Enter the service code in the space provided on www.emailvalidator.co, and click Apply. You will be able to see the number of email addresses that you can validate.
- Next, upload your contact list by clicking on the Upload CSV File button. Your contact list should be in a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
- Enter your email address in the space provided and complete the security check.
- Click on Receive your verified list button.
- You will receive the verified list to your email address.<
Can I upload a Word or an Excel document onto EmailValidator?
No, you can upload only a CSV file.
What is a CSV file?
CSV file is a common, relatively simple file format that is widely supported by consumer, business, and scientific applications. CSV content should not have comma (,) semicolon (;), pipe (|), tilde (~), back quote (`), caret (^) in header. You can refer Formats supported in Excel to learn more on how to save an excel file into CSV file.
How can I convert an Excel file into a CSV file?
You can save your excel file (which contains your Contacts data) in 4 simple steps. Note that your excel file with lead information should not contain special characters. 1. Open your excel file. 2. Click on File and then click on Save As. 3. Enter a relevant File name. 4. In the Save as type selection box, choose CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
Will EmailValidator send emails to the email addresses present in the CSV file?
No. EmailValidator will not send emails to any of the email addresses present in the CSV file.